Andrews Research & Education Foundation
Injuries in Football 2023: Live Conference - Non-Physician
Includes a Live In-Person Event on 04/20/2023 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
Course Description: This conference provides educational lectures and hands-on sessions focusing on football injuries and related trending topics. Top speakers from around the nation will be present, including physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nutritionists, and others.
Conference Objectives will be determined once the agenda is finalized. Below is an example of last year's objective list.
- Identify shoulder anatomy and describe the mechanism and treatment of common injuries in the football player.
- Discuss operative and non-operative treatments for common upper extremity injuries in the football player.
- Recognize the knee anatomy, management, and treatment of major ligaments in the knee.
- Recognize key operative and non-operative rehabilitation techniques for knee injuries in the football player.
- Recognize key modalities and treatments for various injuries and discuss the trends and future in sports medicine.
- Discuss the anatomy, treatment, and rehabilitation for ankle and foot injuries in the football player.
- Demonstrate and apply current concepts for taking care of the spine injured player and other emergency situations.
- Discuss and understand current concepts for taking care of the spine injured player and other emergency situations.
- Apply current advances in treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to the football player
- Recognize current general medical issues and understand the various treatments of everyday occurrence in sports medicine.
- Discuss examination, treatment, and rehabilitation for core and hip injuries in the football player.
- Identify mental health needs and post-operative main management strategies with and without opioid prescribing.
Accreditation: credits are pending
Nurses & Occupational Therapists (Florida):
Baptist Hospital, CE Broker provider # 50-183 is reviewing this program for hours credit for nurses and occupational therapists.
Physical Therapists (Florida):
Baptist Hospital, CE Broker provider # 50-183 is reviewing this program for hours credit for physical therapists.
Andrews Research & Education Foundation P10024 is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.